Sunday, February 10, 2008

Poop Brown


So I have this dirty little secret, I went ahead and bought a house with a bathroom painted the color of poop. and to top it off I have settled with this poor color choice for over two years. Well, I've finally come to the conclusion that such an icky wall color must be gradually seeping into my subconcious and causing feelings of negativity and self-doubt. It is time for a change. Please comment on a better color choice if you have time, and the ajoining bedroom is a forrest green which further complicates my ability to make any paint decisions on my own. Thanks for your help.

5 comments:

Dana said...

You have a lot of poop problems lately (with Noah I mean) and this bathroom color is surely not helping, you are right. Not very relaxing at all. But my bathroom is of course gray, very dreary. I am thinking of painting it white. I like white for bathrooms. With white towels and more colorful accessories. I know that is really unoriginal but it is very clean feeling. And it wouldn't clash with the forest green.

Elisa said...

I would have said a light blue color because I think blue is a very relaxing color, but since your room is forest green, I think you should stick with the warm earthy colors...maybe a lighter shade of brown, like a beige?

Maria said...

I also would have said light blue, but also I don't know if it would go well with the green.

Crystal said...

I would suggest a soft sea foam. It is very relaxing and always reminds me of the beach!

Rachael said...

it's so funny because i've considered a very similar brown for my downstairs half bath (I even have samples painted in little 4x5 squares on the wall), but I've wondered if I can go through with it. Especially after seeing it just rubbed on in places, looking like... well, you know.

I've thought of doing our bathroom in a light sandy sort of color and trying to make it feel like a beach, like Crystal's idea. beach pics up or something, too. I'd love to know what you decide! I think picking paint colors is really stressful, but I'm always so glad that I invested all the energy into deciding.