Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Love Poem for Pete

On Monday you were home by Noon,
got the ax a little too soon.
This year no more crazy shopping
like fancy watches
or Tiffany's boxes.
This year bitter but better
and sweet.
This time we are closer-I think.

Wednesday we celebrated our traditional "Space Needle" anniversary, with much thanks to Melynda for taking on the troublesome combination of Noah+Aubrey. I love the Space Needle at Christmas time, you get to rotate around the city and water and see all the Christmas lights. I love my husband too, who is working so hard to make sure I feel like our lives are under control. Pete was laid off on Monday (a big Merry Christmas from Wamu), and so change is definitely on the horizon. Not to worry though, both sets of Grandparents have offered up their basements. and although I hate to have to sell our home, I would really hate to leave Seattle.

7 comments:

merideth said...

ok here is the plan. where you both move we will move or where we move you both will move.
does that sound like a good plan?
yes i am already planning my way out of this really cold state!

Maria said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the poem.

Rachael said...

We completely relate. Derek was laid off in October, the day before my birthday actually! It's been hard, but we're hoping to get good news this week and that we keep our house, too! :) I hope Pete finds something soon!

Shelly said...

Oh Lindsay, your creativity amazes me! Love the poem! Things will work out, but I secretly hope it doesn't mean moving!

SarahF said...

Happy Anniversary Lindsay and Pete! If moving meant that you would be moving near us, I would be so happy. But, that's selfish. I'll just hope that things work out in a way that is best for your family. I know they will. :)

The ApplegarthFamily said...

That's such a scary situation that anyone can be in at any given time. I know things will work out for you guys. Keep plugging!

Noelle said...

Your are very clever. I love the poem. I think you should move to UTAH!!!